- 1 CURTIC RECIPE Optional but highly recommended brine
- 5kg whole chicken
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste If the chicken was already salty, do not add salt to the recipe.
When the icing is ready, pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Preheat
oven to 400 degrees F. Place
chicken wings under the breasts. Stuff the chicken with rosemary and thyme sprigs, onions and lemon.
Tie the chicken thighs together with kitchen twine. In a bowl, add
butter, garlic, thyme, chopped rosemary and parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Remove the skin from the chicken breasts. Rub the butter mixture all over the chicken, both on the outside and under the skin.
Place the chicken in the pan. Bake about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F.
Check the chicken every 20 minutes – if the skin gets too dark, cover the chicken with aluminum foil.
Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with pan sauce.