- 1 lb flank steak thinly sliced towards the grain
- 2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2-4 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 2 inexperienced onions chopped, green and white components separated
- Four garlic cloves chopped
- 1- inch ginger chopped
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt to flavor
- Cowl the flank steak with cornstarch, making sure each piece is blanketed. Set apart.
- Heat the canola oil in a massive skillet over medium-high warmness. Once the oil is hot, upload the flank steak to the frying pan in a unmarried layer, ensuring that the pieces are not touching. Cook dinner on 1-2 minutes in step with aspect until every facet is browned. Prepare dinner in batches until all the flank steak is cooked. Set apart.
- Upload sliced yellow onion, whites of green onions, garlic, and ginger to the skillet and stir fry for approximately three minutes, till the onions are slightly softened but nonetheless have a bit crunch. Add soy sauce, water, hoisin sauce, and brown sugar and stir. Upload steak returned to the pan in conjunction with the green parts of the onions. Cast off from warmth and serve.
Air fryer instructions:
- This Mongolian beef can also be made in an Air Fryer. If Air Frying, coat the flank steak in corn starch and place in a preheated air fryer of 400 tiers Fahrenheit. Prepare dinner for 15 mins, shaking the basket halfway.
- Prepare the sauce on the stove with the onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, water, hoisin sauce, and brown sugar.
- After more than one tests, we favored the stovetop model however wanted to proportion the Air Fryer model for each person trying to exclude the frying factor of this recipe.