CREAMY TUSCAN SHRIMP
- 1 lb large shrimp (26-30 ct.)
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomato oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil olives, divided
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
CREAMY TUSCAN SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream (or evaporated milk + 1 ½ tsp cornstarch)
- 1 tsp EACH dried parsley, dried basil (or 1 TBS EACH FRESH)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
TO SERVE (CHOOSE)
- Mashed Potatoes
CREAMY TUSCAN SHRIMP
In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the jar oil with the sundried tomatoes and all the seasonings for the shrimp
. Melt 1 tablespoon butter oil in 1 tablespoon olive oil In a large non-reactive saucepan over medium-high heat, add the shrimp in portions, in a single layer, and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes, placing on a plate on each side with a slotted spoon.Repeat. You can remove the tails once they’ve cooled enough to handle if needed.
Heat a tablespoon of oil from the jar with the sun-dried tomatoes and cabbage in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Once reheated, add the cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook until the shallots are tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add cream. Combine the chicken broth with the cornstarch and add to the pan.Mix in the parsley, basil and oregano.
Bring sauce to a boil, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan; Simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce reaches desired consistency.
Once it has thickened, reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the parmesan. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes until melted. Season with salt and pepper (I use about ⅛ teaspoon).Stir in the spinach and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add
shrimp to the pan and heat until the sauce is absorbed. Garnish with fresh parsley if you like. Serve with pasta, mashed potatoes or rice.