Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound frozen Italian meatballs
- 12 Fried Spaghetti
- 24 ounce spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups 24 ounce water
1. Place the Instant Pot on the cook setting. Fry the onion in 1 tbsp olive oil until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and stir.Turn off the frying level.
2. Place the frozen meatballs in the bottom of the Instant Pot and cover them as much as possible with the onion mixture.
3. Arrange the noodles on the meatballs and gently spread them in a flat layer.Drizzle the noodles with 2 tbsp olive oil – this way the noodles don’t stick together.
4. Pour the marinara sauce over the pasta. Then pour the water over the marinara sauce.
5.Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the steam release knob to the sealed position.
6. Press the quick cook button or knob (manual) and then select the cook time of 9 minutes. Press Start when your pool prompts you to press Start (some start automatically and others require you to press Start).
7It takes a few minutes for your pool to pressurize, mine took about 12 minutes to pressurize. Once the Instant Pot is pressurized, the cooking time begins (9 minutes).
8. When the cooking time is up, turn off the Instant Pot and quickly release the pressure. To perform a quick release: Turn the steam release knob on top of the Instant Pot to the vent position.
9. If the lid pin falls out, open the lid. Combine spaghetti and meatballs with tongs and stir. If the noodles stick, separate them with tongs or a fork.
10The spaghetti and meatballs may seem too thick at first, but the noodles will continue to absorb the excess liquid if you add them to the broth for about 2-3 minutes. Serve now!